Jagex FC 1 - 4 Harston Sundays
I'll be honest, I'm not going to write much in this match report, as I felt thoroughly sad after this game. Personally, I had a shocker - 2 of the goals were directly my fault, and one I really should have done better on. Still clearly in cricket mode.
Harston were a beastly team, fitter, faster and generally hungrier than Jagex this week. My key memories include:
- The Harston Sundays ginger keeper, who his team helpfully called Ginge, being the angriest man on the planet. Every year we play these chaps he seems to get more and more upset at the world around him. I assume that he loves kittens and rainbows off the football pitch, partially because he manages to get rid of all his pent up anger and frustration on the pitch each Sunday.
- Piers scoring a cracking individual effort, skipping past a few of their players, before finishing adroitly with his left.
- Fardell - oh dear, where do I start, rooted to my line, missing two deflected shots that came within millimetres of my hands, or the real cracker catching the ball then dropping it onto their striker's foot 2 yards out.
- Daz O'Neil, our own angry man, putting in some hair raising challenges to help keep the score down.
- The terrible banter in the changing rooms, involving the merits of an evening watching Heartbeart and drinking warm (warm, not hot) cocoa versus the delights of spending an evening in the place. You can imagine which gets my vote.
- Pete making a nuisance of himself upfront.
- We still don't have any new kit. The old kit is holier than a nunnery and smells of cat pee.
Next week, it will get better - don't stop thinking about tomorrow.

No comments:
Post a Comment